Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Madrona

Madrona, 10x13 inches,
Watercolor and colored pencils
This week has been good for being in the studio. Couple of days ago, I finished this little picture. I was so inspired by looking at art quilting books that I was needing to experiment with it on the paper. I began with watercolors, after drawing the grid. The results were so and so and the colors were not really to my satisfaction. And so I pulled out my Prismacolor box of pencils and went at it with gusto for about four days. I used hot press Arches 140lb paper and I was glad that I did, as I needed to lift some watercolor off in few places with a "magic sponge" from Cheap Joes. It worked beautifully, withstanding the scrubbing without fraying.

1 comment:

  1. I love it - I can see the inspiration from you pillows. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete