Saturday, June 30, 2012

The fourth pillow from the set of four

Pillow front panel 16.5x16.5 inches
Well, here is the fourth mate to the small family of pillows. Would you believe that this front took 41 squares of four sizes: 27 squares 1.5x1.5 inches, 9 squares 3x3 inches, 3 squares of 4.5x4.5 inches, and 2 squares of 6x6 inches. All four pillow front panels collectively, needed 119 squares of various sizes. I can't believe that I actually sewed so many little pieces together.
Now I am planning the backs of these pillow cases. Originally, I thought I will make them solid color, but now I am considering to add few squares as well. I have been thinking for a while how to execute the backs and having few pieces of color in the majority of solid color is drawing my attention at present. The only drawback is that I am not very excited right now to make more squares. I could also make the backs using different colored stripes. As you can see, the ideas are arising, none are sticking yet as being great.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful colours! and oh my gosh, so many squares!! such patience! Your pillows are very beautiful, Jarina.

    ReplyDelete