Friday, March 23, 2012

Welcoming Spring

Flower Buddha, 13"x19", watercolor, 2003

The sun is shining, the hummingbirds are back and the early spring flowers are blooming. I always delight in this time of the year. This painting is about that.

I have not been in my studio for over a week. I have been putting together a meditation class. A nice group of people is coming weekly and each week I present another aspect of meditation practice. I have never done anything like that, though meditation is a significant part of my life. And so this has become my creativity at this point.

I am allowing myself to not feel pushed to create something visual at this point and am enjoying the open space that emerged, a space that feels contemplative and full in some mysterious way. I feel like an expectant mother, just settling into allowing the unseen growth of new inspirations within to happen without interference.

No comments:

Post a Comment