Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Illumined One

8x10 watercolor
I was looking through my work and came upon this watercolor. I was into negative painting at that time and this was a very complex one to complete. It represents the one neuron that "gets" the whole picture about the nature of reality. The Universe is lit up within it's experience....

I look with nostalgia on my previous work with watercolors. The past 2 1/2 years I have been pursuing education about design and composition. I have reached a burn out stage at this time. I enter the studio and face the acrylics and the colored papers and engage in collage assignments. I almost hate it. The acrylics, collage and I do not do well together. I am so looking forward to completing my commitment to the class I am taking now, clean up my studio and settle into being with watercolors again. Though I will need to reacquaint myself with them.

I may even not wait till the end of the class...

2 comments:

  1. Jarina, I get this. I had the same experience and so just went back to doing art the way I enjoyed making it. Hope you find your way back, too. I have really appreciated seeing your art on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. I appreciate your understanding from your own experience. I still have not been able to even consider going into the studio and explore. I feel so burned out. And so I am treating this time as being on vacation, allowing myself to just be with my feelings about art, expression and the whole personal meaning for me. I feel inner confidence that the spring of creativity will burst forth when it is ready.
      May you continue to love what you are doing as well.
      Jarina

      Delete