Friday, April 6, 2012

Pillow 3 completed16.5"x16.5"

16.5"x16.5"
I just completed the front panel for another pillow cover. What fun!!! The idea came from Kaffe Fassett. I had placed the different squares in my own sequences and also I followed my own color scheme. I  learned more about how to put the squares together from a wonderful woman in a quilt shop in Langley. This creative project has been very healing for me. I am beginning to  make a mate to this one and possible do a threesome. The process was tedious, but then I do love detailing. I am considering creating large watercolors using this principle of grids. I love colors and I finally am letting go of all the concerns about the elements and principles of design. While that knowledge rattles around, I do not engage with the rattle and follow my bliss. I have not been in my studio for a few weeks. I need to clean it up after the classes I took online and put away all the collage paraphernalia. I have not really enjoyed the process of collaging that much.
The spring is finally arriving and with it a sense of renewal on all levels. I am completing teaching a six week long meditation class and am pleased how the attendees responded. The class has also preoccupied my time, as I prepared the talks about the practice of meditation. One more class and then I am done. Today, life feels good.

4 comments:

  1. really lovely, Jarina. Such beautiful colours. Enjoy the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jarina. Me again. I love the new look of your blog and the little 'studio tour' you have given us!! such fun.
    (and I still love the pillow!!!)

    ReplyDelete