Thursday, March 6, 2014

"Community" 40"x40"

I just completed this wallhanging. It took me two months and it is the largest piece  to date.  I was challenged technically, and was able to find solutions. I decided to quilt with invisible thread, and I have learned to be very patient. This piece is going to be exhibited in May-June,  along with a selection of my watercolors. I am pleased with the way it turned out. Creating the twenty five blocks was great fun. It actually gave me some ideas for sewing small pieces and framing them. Below are pictures of few of the blocks. 

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice!
    I am so impressed by what you are doing and how far you have come. As usual you color, composition and technical skills are what make this piece as well as the others so pleasing to look at.

    I follow you blog but seldom make a comment, just needed to connect with you and let you know how much I like what you are doing.