Monday, November 12, 2012

"Portal", 15x15 pillow case

I tried a new construction on this pillow. Because the front and back panels are thick, I decided to sew them together with right sides up, and use the extra fabric from the front panel to fold over to the back to create a mitered border. I like the idea of having a small flange, making the pillow size 15x15 inches










This is the back side. The photo looks bleached out. I do have trouble with taking photos still. On this one, I used zipper for a closure. It is hidden by a flap of fabric at the bottom. I am thinking to use velcro strip on the next one. The head of the zipper was getting in the way because of its bulk...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jarina. your pillows are amazing and as usual your colour choices are spectacular. It's pretty addictive, isn't it, in the best possible way!! Re the head of the zipper....maybe use a zipper that is too long and when it's sewn in just sew over the top of the zipper (while it's open) where you want it to end (keeping the pull tab down in the pillow section so it'll still work, of course!!!) That should work. But the velcro should work too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Marny for tip. I was advised to stick with zippers and not velcro as it picks up debris readily. I will keep your advice. And yes, working the way I do feels wonderfully addictive and I sure don't mind.

      Delete