Friday, January 20, 2012

Daily mandala: Dwell-ing

I have engaged in a practice of painting a small piece daily, using watercolors, pens, colored pencils for couple of years. They are 3'' x 3''. These are quick. I usually select few colors and play with their effects. Here, I explored Scarlet lake(Winsor and Newton), Peacock blue (Holbein)and Lamp Black (Daniel Smith). I love how lamp black granulates.












We are snowed in. Hopefully, this will begin to melt soon.
And here is our dwelling. Cozy on the inside, monochromatic on the outside. It took couple of days for the Nature to create this scene. I am glad that daily routine is not her habit.

2 comments:

  1. Jarina: your picture is wonderful. And your house looks like it's in fairyland!! I hope all your snow has gone now, even if it looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marny, the snow is almost gone, than goodness.

    ReplyDelete